Our Primary Reference Laboratory Boulder Community Hospital utilizes Mayo Medical Laboratories for its esoteric testing needs. Mayo Medical Laboratories, the reference laboratory for Mayo Clinic, is a distinctive leader in the field of esoteric testing and offers consultations with its physicians and scientists. This collaboration strengthens our efforts to provide exceptional laboratory services and patient care to the regions we serve.
Our Laboratory Services
- Our pathologists enthusiastically support clinical decision making through phone conferences and educational office visits. Our goal is to answer questions and provide the latest information on laboratory testing and interpretation.
- Point of Care (POC) consultation available
- Full-service laboratory serving clients throughout Boulder County and northern Colorado
- A broad range of tests using the latest methodologies with the support of Mayo Medical Laboratories as our primary reference laboratory for esoteric testing
- Cytology, ThinPrep® Imaging System, HPV testing, cell block analysis
- Fine-needle aspiration (FNA), interpretation and technologist assistance
- Non-FNA including respiratory, urine, pleural, peritoneal, pericardial fluids, GI brushings, CSF (Cerebral Spinal Fluid)
- FISH, Flow Cytometry, Cytogenetics and Molecular testing (via Mayo Medical Laboratories)
- Immunohistochemistry and special stains
- Peripheral blood and bone marrow studies
- Diagnostic and therapeutic monitoring of blood disorders
- Semen analysis
Clinical Chemistry, Urinalysis and Immunoassay
- Routine chemistry testing and customized disease panels including HSV, hepatitis, celiac disease, GC/Chlamydia by RNA, fetal fibronectin, and therapeutic drugs
- ImmunoCap® allergy testing
- Single Platform Integrated Chemistry/Immunology technology
- Automated Fecal Occult Blood analyzer (FIT) – single sample without dietary restrictions
- Pretransfusion testing and blood products for blood component therapy
- Prenatal testing
- Identification of blood group antibodies
- Affiliation with Belle Bonfils Blood Center in Denver, Colo.
Microbiology / Parasitology
- Phoenix™ ID and Sensitivity System, providing the largest range of organism identification and sensitivity testing available for quick identification and treatment
- Fast Shiga Toxin ID for enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli
- Bacterial Vaginosis Panel – rapid detection of Trichomonas, Gardnerella, and Yeasts
- Expert consultants in areas of Bacteriology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Parasitology, and Virology
- Lab Services provider for Boulder Medical Center, Community Medical Center, Stan Brenton Surgery Center, and over 200 local physician offices
- Licensed Medical Technologists support clients through routine office visits.
- Customer Service Call Center available 7am – 7pm Monday through Friday.
- Courier services provided Monday through Saturday, with no charge for routine or STAT pickups
- Patient, client, and insurance billing options; patient discounts available for those with high deductibles or without insurance
- Information system options include interfacing into electronic medical records or Internet-based result retrieval and ordering system (CareEvolve); result graphing options
- All major insurance contracts accepted; will forward specimens to an appropriate lab if needed.
- Wellness Testing available